Home and school must communicate to understand the needs and concerns of each other. This will allow consistency in providing a quality and well-rounded education the student. This will also help the school and home complement one another spiritually, academically, and in the most important area of discipline. We encourage parents to visit with the teachers and Administrator as often as necessary.
We love families who volunteer!
Verde Christian Academy values community and to help build a stronger school community, the participation of parents and families is needed. Every year we ask each family to give 15 hours of volunteering throughout the school year.
Volunteering benefits for parents and the school
Studies have shown the positive impact when parents, guardians, or adults volunteer within the school system such as:
- Attendance rate increases
- Test scores increase
- Student behavior improves
In addition, students imitate what they see and lead to students more likely to volunteer when they see parents, guardians, or adults volunteer. Students also feel valued as the adults in their lives get to know their friends, teachers and routines.
VCA is also in need of financial support, and supplies. If you choose to donate instead of volunteering, please see our Office Manager for more information. Every $15 donation will count towards 1-hour of time.
Parents will use the FACTS Parent Portal to log their hours. VCA Administration will run periodic reports and communicate with parents regarding their hours.
**We are requesting that all hours be submitted (or approved) by April 30th in order or our Financial Department to bill parents accordingly**
- Back to School Night (Emily Gertz or Megan Roeller)
- Family Reading Night/Family Events (Candace Hartman)
- Spiritual Emphasis Week (Kirk Sievert)
- Christmas Program (Emily Gertz)
- Spring Program (Emily Gertz)
- Speech Meet (Megan Roeller)
- Spaghetti Dinner/Pie Auction (Marcy Arthur PTF)
- Talent Show (Candace Hartman)
- Middle School Fundraising (Natalie Rice or Sierra Tibbs)
- Water Day (Emily Gertz)
- Event Setup/Breakdown (Justin Hartman)
- PTF Service (Ashley Koepnick)
- Field Trip VCA Van Drivers (Other field trip support will not count)(classroom teachers)
- Lunch Help (Annie Vazquez)
- VCA Security Walk Support (Ben Russel)
- Playground Supervision (Emily Gertz or Megan Roeller)
- Reading Groups (Candace Hartman)
- Ambassadors Program (Emily Gertz)
- VCA Parent Leadership Team (Kirk Sievert)
Athletics (Kayla Warren)
- Coaching Support
- Transportation Support
- Officiating (basketball, volleyball)
- Concession Stand
- Team Mom/Dad
All parents are encouraged to participate in the PTF. This group coordinates our fundraisers during the school year. Fundraisers may include candy sales, Eagles for Education, and the Spaghetti Dinner/Pie Auction.
The PTF is also active in providing special gifts for teachers and school staff on their birthdays and hosting special luncheons during the year. The PTF meets at 8:00 a.m. the first Thursday morning each month during the school year (in the Fellowship Hall). Signs are posted with directions to the school room. Questions can be directed to the PTF committee by calling the school at 928-634-8113 or Email email@example.com
If you have a student currently enrolled at VCA you are welcome to join our VCA Parent Teacher Fellowship Facebook Page!
We are a vibrant community who exist for the purpose of assisting families in their God-given call to educate their children. We partner with a variety of families including those who are looking for a strong Christian foundation as well as those who are passionate about finding a safe environment with high expectations and quality academics. Located on the campus of the Verde Community Church we are blessed to have bright spacious classrooms, a full-size gymnasium, and a large playground complete with a plethora of equipment More Info >>
Daily Office Hours
Monday - Thursday
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Monday - Thursday
9:00 am - 3:00 pm